, and applications are submitted till December 15, 2017. The Philanthropic Education Organizsation (PEO) Sisterhood provides grants-in-aid for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States or Canada. PEO believes that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The maximum grant awarded to a student is $5,000 annually. Recipients may re-apply and receive the scholarship for a maximum of three years.
Level: Graduate , PhD
Field(s): any subject
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Funded By: The Philanthropic Education Organizsation (PEO) Sisterhood
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PEO International Peace Scholarships are targeted for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States or Canada.
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣ Value of Scholarship : The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs
‣ The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
‣ The 2016-2017 PEO International Peace Scholarships are based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
‣ The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs
Have what it takes to avail PEO International Peace Scholarships ?
‣ An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
‣ A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
‣ Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
‣ In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
‣ Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
‣ International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Scholarship Application Method
IPS APPLICATION CALENDAR DATES for the 2018-2019 Term of Study
September 15, 2017
- IPS begins to accept Eligibility Forms
December 15, 2017 –
- Last day to submit Eligibility Forms
March 1, 2018 –
- Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended
April 1, 2018
- Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yetenrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended
- Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will beattending Cottey College
- Notification of scholarship awards
June 1, 2018
- Last day for students to accept IPS scholarships
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.