Applicants are invited to apply for Ben Bagdikian Fellowship Program. The fellowship is available for International Journalist.
The aim of the fellowship is to supports emerging journalists and media professionals, allowing them to make invaluable contributions to a high-flying news organization.
Mother Jones (abbreviated MoJo) is a progressive American magazine that focuses on news, commentary, and investigative reporting on topics including politics, the environment, human rights, and culture.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for Journalist and media professionals.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of investigative journalism.
Scholarship Award: They cover groundbreaking events and write award-winning stories for our magazine. Nearly 9 out of 10 of them go on to get jobs in journalism.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Mother Jones fellowships are full-time positions lasting for six months. Those who are still in school or are only available part-time are not eligible to apply, nor can fellowships be used for course credit.
- Given the calibre of fellow we are looking for, we recommend that students pursue reporting and publishing opportunities in school and beyond before applying to join Mother Jones.
- Mother Jones is unable to furnish work visas for those applying from outside of the United States.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants who pursue reporting and publishing opportunities in school are eligible to apply.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have Proficiency in spoken and written English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Cover letter and résumé, including the names and numbers of two references and the start date your are applying for (June or December).
- Two writing samples (links to online versions preferred).
- To apply, please submit the following as one PDF document to fellowships-at- motherjones.com. The file’s title must include your last name.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 1, 2017.