The Transform Together scholarships are open to students from any non-EU country applying to study at Sheffield Hallam University to enroll in the 2017/2018 academic year. The scholarships will be awarded to well-qualified students who demonstrate academic, personal or professional achievement on their scholarship application form.
Successful applicants will be awarded with a certificate to mark their achievement following enrolment on their course.
If you are a high achiever or believe you can make a significant contribution to the University, you are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must:
- for POSTGRADUATE only – have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the minimum course entry requirements. Please attach transcripts to scholarship applications.
- for UNDERGRADUATE only – you must achieve or exceed the entry criteria for the course.
- have an unconditional/conditional offer to study a full-time postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University. Find out how to apply for a course.
- be enrolling on a one year full-time taught postgraduate course with Sheffield Hallam starting in the 2016/17 academic year
- be self-funding your studies
- have, or expect to achieve, a minimum of IELTS 6.0 (5.5 in all areas) or equivalent*
- be classed as an international student for fees purposes
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
All citizens of ANY non-EU country is eligible
Sheffield Hallam University, U.K.
Fields of study
All full-time postgraduate and undergraduate taught courses are eligible. However, scholarship applications are especially encouraged from those holding offers for:
- MSc Advanced Computer Networks
- MSc Banking and Finance
- MSc Biomedical Laboratory Science
- MSc Biomedical Science
- MSc International Marketing
- MA Media Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Sport Business Management
- MSc Sports Engineering
Number of awards
Not specified by provider, but several will be given
Covers the whole duration of studies
The scholarships include a one-year 50% TUITION FEE WAIVER for full-time taught postgraduate courses and 50% TUITION FEE DISCOUNT for each year of an undergraduate course (subject to successful progression).
A package of incentives is to be confirmed, but will include: the opportunity to become an alumni ambassador back in your home country, a programme of events which aims to enhance your learning and social experience with fellow scholars, AND a Sheffield Hallam University hoodie.
Successful scholars will be expected to represent Sheffield Hallam University through various activities during the academic year and after graduation.
Method of Application
If you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria required, and apply to and are offered a course of study, you can go ahead to download the ‘Scholarship Application Form’ from the official website (link to it is below). If you have not yet applied for a course, please visit the university online prospectus to find a course of your interest and apply.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) to download the application ‘Application Form’ and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship applications for courses starting September 2017 must be submitted by 31st May 2017. And that for courses starting January 2018 must be submitted by 1st November 2017
A panel will review the applications and following a competitive process they will award scholarships to well–qualified students who demonstrate academic, personal or professional achievement on their scholarship application form. You will be notified if you have been successful approximately one month after the deadline.
Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) is a public university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It has two sites; City Campus in the city centre, close to Sheffield railway station, and Collegiate Crescent Campus about two miles away, adjacent to Ecclesall Road in south-west Sheffield. It is the sixth largest university in the UK by number of students.
Application Deadline: 1 November 2017
Open to International Applicants: Yes