Applications are now open for the Dealhack’s 2017 Community Volunteer Scholarship.This year, Dealhack will be awarding a $1500 scholarship to a deserving university or college student for outstanding volunteer involvement in their community.
At Dealhack, volunteer involvement is an integral part of a strong and prosperous community. To encourage this value, they’ve decided to reward a college or university student who demonstrates outstanding volunteer involvement in their community.
The winner of the annual award will receive a $1,500 USD scholarship to use towards their tuition.
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time at a college or university in the USA or Canada for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Be in good standing with their current academic institution.
- Exemplify outstanding community volunteer involvement.
- Have permission from a parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18.
How to Apply
- Simply fill out the online application form.
- Include your name, email address, and the name of your current school and the institution that you will be attending for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Include the name, phone number, and email address of at least one (1) reference that can verify your volunteer involvement.
- Use your answers to fully describe your community volunteer involvement and what it means to you to be a volunteer. Questions include:
- How do you help in your community?
- How long have you been volunteering?
- Why do you volunteer?
- What does volunteering mean to you and what has it taught you?
- What plans do you have to volunteer in the future?
If you have any questions or would like further information on this scholarship, please send an email to [email protected] Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
For more information, visit Dealhack Community Volunteer Scholarship.