Mitacs Globalink is offering Research Internships for undergraduate students from around the world. Internships are provided to experience Canada as a leading destination for research & innovation. Both faculty and students must meet various criteria in order to be eligible to participate in a Globalink Research Internship. Faculty members at eligible institutions in Canada, who are interested in hosting an international undergraduate student for a 12 week internship under their supervision, are invited to submit a research-based project. Eligible students must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate or dual degree granting program at an accredited and eligible university in Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Vietnam.
Field(s): A high number of available projects tend to be focused in from science, engineering and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Deadline: September 20, 2016, at 4 p.m
Funded By: Mitacs Globalink
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Mitacs Globalink Research Internships are targeted for applicants from Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Turkey or Vietnam.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: This is a 12 weeks long internship programme.
‣ Scholarship Covers Is this paid internship? A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
- Access to Canada’s unique research landscape: applied, dynamic and innovative
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university campus, professional skills development workshops and social activities
- A chance for interns to explore their independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity for them to connect with potential graduate supervisors should interns be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
‣ Globalink Research Interns network with professors, government representatives, and business leaders, and develop their skills in a variety of professional development workshops.
‣ Mitacs Globalink Research Internships invite undergraduate students from around the world to experience Canada as a leading destination for research & innovation.
In order to be considered for Mitacs Globalink Research Internships, you must meet all the following criteria:
‣ Must have between 1-3 semesters remaining to graduate from an undergraduate program, or combined undergraduate/Master’s program, at the time of the Globalink Research Internship. This allows students to return to their home university, graduate from their degree and apply for graduate studies in Canada.
‣ Must be proficient in one of Canada’s official languages (English and/or French)
‣ Must be proficient in the language of the project (English and/or French).
‣ Must be available to start the internship between May 1st and June 30th, for 12 weeks from the internship start date.
‣ Must be available to work for 40 hours a week.
‣ Must provide a rational to receive a Globalink Research Internship.
Is this paid internship? These are Unpaid internships.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
START YOUR APPLICATION
Note: The application form requires browser with Flash player 11 or later. To install the latest flash player, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. If you need technical assistance, please submit a ticket at: https://helpdesk.mitacs.ca.
‣ Internship Applications are due on September 20, 2016, at 4 p.m
The call for 2017 Globalink Research Internship student applications is now open. Apply by September 20, 2016, at 4 p.m. PDT for travel to Canada starting in May 2017.
Student applicants must provide in their application:
- An official transcript from the home university, in English. If you cannot obtain an English transcript, you must submit a translated and notarized copy before the application deadline
- At least one letter of reference from a professor or research supervisor
- A CV detailing research experience
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.