The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites applications for thirty Netaji Subhas-ICAR international fellowships for 2016-2017. These fellowships are available for pursuing a doctoral degree in agriculture and allied sciences at the recognised agricultural universities/ institutions in India and abroad.
The objective is to develop competent human resource that is trained in the identified best laboratories in the world (for Indian candidates) and similarly exposes overseas candidates to the best Indian Agricultural Universities.
Course Level: The NS-ICAR IFs are available for pursuing a doctoral degree at the recognised agricultural universities/ institutions in India and abroad.
Study Subject: Fellowships are available in frontier areas of Agriculture and allied sciences.
List of Subjects: The identified priority areas are: Crop Sciences, Horticulture, Animal Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Engineering and Fisheries.
Worth of Award
Amount payable to the International fellowship candidates:
Indian fellows going abroad- US$ 2,000/- per month (Amount not exceeding)- US $ 1,000/- per year (Lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses)
Overseas fellows in India- INR 40,000/- per month(Amount not exceeding)- INR 25,000/- per year (Lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses)
The Bench fee-The institutional bench fee prescribed by the Institute/University where the admission has been sought restricted to 25% of the total amount will be reimbursed by the ICAR while the remaining 75% has to be borne by the candidate availing International Fellowships.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility requirement for the NS-ICAR IFs.
- The fresh candidates should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date prescribed for receipt of applications. The upper age limit for In-service candidates will be 40 years on the last date for receipt of applications.
- The notification for the fellowship will contain the detailed eligibility requirements.
- Netaji Subhas- ICAR IF would be available for both, fresh and in-service candidates. However, the fresh candidates should have completed their qualifying degree not more than two years before the specified date in the year of admission. The in-service candidates from India should be employed in the ICAR-AU system.
- The Council will identify and announce the priority areas of research and the list of institutions -for admission, one year in advance, for availing the Netaji Subhas- ICAR IFs.
Nationality: Both Indian and overseas candidates can apply for these fellowships.
How to Apply: Application should be submitted (two hard copies by post and one soft copy on-line).
Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2016.