The 2016 KAAD Scholarship Program 1 is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany.
‣ This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives.
‣ Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
For the 2016 KAAD Scholarships programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
‣ come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
‣ have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
‣ want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
‣ are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
‣ possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The first request is placed through filling the application questionnaire. and sending it to the KAAD offices.
‣ Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country. In the course of the application process, more documents need to be provided by the applicant and the KAAD-Partner-Committees are involved.
‣ If the pre-selection process has been positive for the applicant, the application is passed on to an independent selection board, which sits twice per year (in March and in September).
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications for the September selection need to be complete by end of June. Many times, applicants get admission letters (especially for Master-courses) only when these deadlines have passed.
‣ In these cases, the university has to be asked to defer the admission to the next academic year. Applications can be made already before admission letters are received.
‣ However at the end of the application process, the applicant needs to show either an admission letter or a confirmation by the university that they are eligible for the course and that the application has been received and being processed.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.